KS2 Physical Education
[/et_pb_text][et_pb_text admin_label=”Content” background_layout=”light” text_orientation=”left”][/et_pb_text][et_pb_tabs admin_label=”KS2 Curriculum Content”][et_pb_tab title=”Term 1″]
- to develop the range and consistency of their skills
- to devise and use rules
- to use and adapt tactics in different situations
- to recognise which activities help their speed, strength and stamina
- to recognise when speed, strength and stamina are important in games
[/et_pb_tab][et_pb_tab title=”Term 2″]
- to develop the range of actions, body shapes and balances they include in a performance.
- to perform skills and actions more accurately and consistently.
- to use compositional devices when creating their sequences, such as changes in speed, level and direction
- to describe how the body reacts during different types of activity, and how this affects the way they perform
[/et_pb_tab][et_pb_tab title=”Term 3″]
Health and fitness
- to understand why warming up and cooling down are important
- to understand why exercise is good for health, fitness and well-being
- how to become healthier themselves
- How exercise affects the body in the short-term.
[/et_pb_tab][et_pb_tab title=”Term 4″]
- To develop the range and consistency of their skills, especially in specific striking and fielding games.
- To use and adapt rules, strategies, and tactics, using their knowledge of basic principles of batting and fielding.
- To evaluate strengths and weaknesses in their own and others’ performances and suggest improvements.
[/et_pb_tab][et_pb_tab title=”Term 5″]
- to develop the consistency of their actions in a number of events
- to increase the number of techniques they use
- To evaluate their own and others’ work and suggest ways to improve it.
[/et_pb_tab][et_pb_tab title=”Term 6″]
Best of British
Tennis/Badminton (weather dependent)
- To develop the range and consistency of their skills, especially in specific types of shot (volley, backhand, forehand and serving))
- Compare their performance with previous ones and demonstrate improvement to achieve their personal best.
- To develop knowledge of the rules in tennis.
[/et_pb_tab][/et_pb_tabs][/et_pb_column][et_pb_column type=”1_3″][et_pb_sidebar admin_label=”Menus” orientation=”right” area=”et_pb_widget_area_18″ background_layout=”light”][/et_pb_sidebar][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section]